Tuesday, June 11, 2013

How to Add a Poll to Your Blog

It looks like the bloggers took over the poll again... another blogging option won!  This week, most people voted for how to add a poll to your blog!



I'm going to write about two different ways to do this:  one right in blogger (a little easier, but more unreliable) and my preferred method: Poll Daddy.  Now... onto the tutorial!






You can download this tutorial as a PDF by clicking this picture!
Note: This tutorial is hosted on Google Drive.  To save it from there, just open the file and click File > Download to save onto your computer!

Next week, I'll add another blogger tutorial: how to add a followers box to your blog.  This really confused me when I first made my blog... and blogger has since changed their options so this might answer some of your questions about how to add it!

8 comments:

  1. Question? It doesn't give my the options when I go to add a gadget to just plug in the title and code. What am I doing wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you click on the Java/Html and then paste the long code in ;)

      Delete
  2. When I voted on this topic, my whole point was not adding the poll to my layout. I wanted in a post in Blogger. I didn't find anything that told me that, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To add the poll to a oat, you would follow steps 1-8, then embed the code this way: http://aturntolearn.blogspot.com/2013/01/how-to-copy-htmlembed-code-to-your-blog.html

      Typically, people don't recommend adding the poll to an individual post, since only the people who click on the post would be able to vote. By adding to to layout, even people who are reading previous votes would be able to vote. It typically allows more votes to be cast.

      Delete
  3. Hi there, thanks for sharing this.
    I intend to publish hundreds of posts, each with an identical poll - do I need to create a unique set of code for each poll, or can I do it once and just use that code for all posts?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on what you want... You can publish multiple posts and put the same code on it, but all of the results will be the same. So if people vote on the poll that is on one post, it will update the results for all posts. If you want each poll to have different results, you'd have to copy the poll and create a new code.

      Delete