Sunday, August 26, 2012

Get Your Kids To Write Their Name on Their Work!

I'm starting to go through my plans for the beginning of the year and I found a bunch of things that I want to add to my blog... and many of them I'll be adding as freebies!  Soo... here's the first freebie! 

Years ago I learned the first verse of this song from a preschool teacher at my previous job.  So, my first year teaching Kindergarten, I obviously used it a LOT with my kiddos. 

I was absolutely amazed when my students added new verses to the song!  That's right... my students wrote the second and third verses of this song!  I absolutely love how creative they were and I use all three verses with my students nowadays! 

I added this file to TPT as a PowerPoint file so you can insert your own name into it, and I even embedded the font into the document so it should load up on your computer perfectly.  I haven't actually done the embedding before so I hope it works!

Click the picture below to download the song!


How do you get your kiddos to remember to write their names on their paper?

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I was so excited when my kids added the last few verses, it really makes the song complete!

      Delete
  2. What an utterly cute and catchy tune. I will definitely be trying this. Currently, after I hand out a paper, I give my students 5 chances to write their name. I say, "Put your name and the date on your paper" 5 times in a row, each time putting up one finger. Once they have written it, they give me a thumbs up and I give one back to them, thanking them for listening. It works well. But, it's not as cute as your song! LOL!
    Ѽ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea too! I do something similar with my students who are a bit forgetful at their seats... I had one boy last year would would sing the song to himself the whole time he was at his seat, but he'd still forget to write his name!

      Delete
  3. I love love love this freebie! Definitely going to be singing this with my class!!

    I'm having a giveaway too -head on over to my blog to enter

    Dani

    http://misslynchslearners.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you'll be able to use it! I just entered your giveaway, thanks for letting me know!

      Delete
  4. I am using this!!!! Thankyou! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea! I can't wait to teach it to my absent-minded little learners.
    Thanks!
    Amy
    Adventures In Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Thanks for sharing :)
    To get my kiddos to remember to write their name, we chant: put your n-a-m-e at the t-o-p.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love this! Thank you for sharing! I'm sharing something on my blog too...Come check it out!
    Jenny
    Owl Things First!

    ReplyDelete